4.9 stars | 54 reviews
4.9 stars | 54 reviews
JP Hayes Insurance Agency logo
Request A Quote(760) 681-0023
JP Hayes Insurance Agency|3129 Tiger Run Court, Ste 201, Carlsbad, CA 92010|(760) 681-0023

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I find the best auto insurance for me?

Looking for an auto insurance policy that suits your needs? With JP Hayes Insurance Agency, you're in the right place. Our experienced local agents will guide you through the process, from getting a quote to finding the coverage that works for you. Take the stress out of choosing car insurance by trusting our friendly agents.

What kinds of discounts are available for auto insurance?

JP Hayes Insurance Agency offers a wide range of discounts for eligible individuals, including members of certain occupational groups, such as doctors, nurses, dentists, teachers, police officers, and firefighters. Homeowners, students with good grades, teens with parents who have safe driving records, drivers of cars with airbags, and those with two or more automobiles in their households are also eligible for special discounts.

What kind of discounts can I receive with multiple policies?

When you get multiple policies with JP Hayes Insurance Agency, you can maximize your savings! For example, if you already have auto insurance, you can save on motorcycle, home or renters, life, and recreational vehicle insurance. Reach out to one of our independent agents today to explore your savings options.

Why did my car insurance premium increase?

Have you recently noticed an increase in your car insurance premium? Even if you have not received any tickets or been in an accident, other changes may be the cause. Adding a driver, moving to a different area, or even getting a new vehicle could have an effect on the price of your insurance. Adding new drivers, especially teenage drivers, can cause the rate to increase significantly. The location you move to could have higher rates of theft or vandalism that raise the cost. Additionally, newer and more expensive cars will likely result in higher premiums. However, if the vehicle has anti-lock brakes, airbags, and other security devices, it could lead to a lower rate.

What deductible should I choose?

When selecting a deductible amount, one must consider the trade-off between premium cost and out-of-pocket expenses in the event of a claim. Generally speaking, higher deductibles result in lower premiums and more money owed out-of-pocket if a claim is made, whereas lower deductibles lead to higher premiums and less money owed in the case of an insured claim.

Will filing a claim affect my premium?

The premium on your policy is subject to several factors. These may include your driving record, any past accidents you were at fault for, your home insurance claims history, and even your location. If you are unsure how these might impact your premium, contact one of our agents for more information.

Am I covered if I drive someone else's vehicle?

In general, the insurance that comes with the car would apply if you had an accident while driving someone else's vehicle. Typically, the owner's insurance will cover the damages first. In the case of the vehicle owner having no auto insurance or not enough auto insurance to cover the costs, then your own insurance would likely come into effect. To gain more insight into what your policy covers in this kind of situation, get in touch with one of our local agents at JP Hayes Insurance Agency.

Will my policy be canceled if I file a claim?

To help keep premiums cost-efficient for our policyholders, we must occasionally discontinue coverage when an individual is considered a high risk; this may include multiple claims in a short period, operating a vehicle while under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or taking excessive risks (utilizing combustible liquids in a careless manner, dangerous driving, etc.). For more details, please speak with one of our representatives.

I'm not at fault. Why do I need to file a claim on my policy?

Despite the other party's insistence that they are not to blame, it may be difficult for you to recoup your losses. Without their auto insurance coverage, you may have no other way to receive compensation. Fortunately, you can rely on your JP Hayes Insurance Agency policy and file a claim. This can assist you in recovering your expenses and your deductible from the other party's insurer.

How can I make sure that I have coverage for my valuables?

To guarantee coverage for your valuable possessions, you should contemplate buying a personal articles floater. This protects individual articles, like jewelry, furs, or fine arts, if their worth exceeds the constraints stated in your insurance policy. Your local JP Hayes Insurance Agency representative can provide guidance while determining if you need this protection. Contact us to find out more regarding coverage for your valuable items.

A pipe bursts, and water flows all over my floors. Am I covered?

Homeowners insurance usually covers damages incurred by water accidentally discharged from plumbing systems. To prevent such occurrences, it is recommended that you examine your heating and plumbing systems at least once annually. Though coverage is provided in the event of an overflow, it's much better to avoid such mess and disruption.

Am I covered for earthquake damage?

No, you must purchase additional insurance to protect against earthquake damage. Contact your JP Hayes Insurance Agency agent to discuss your options and determine the cost of this insurance in your area. Typically, earthquake coverage is expensive in higher-risk regions, while it is more affordable in areas with less seismic activity.

Request A Quote